It allows you to customize the theme, UI/UX, Icons, Notification Panels and way more things as compared to the stock ROM. You can disable apps in settings, be sure that they do not show up in the app drawer. You can also hide apps depending firmware files upon the user interface or launcher, but like this, you are still occupying space. The only way to get rid of the unwanted app is to root, but do not un-install something which is crucial, or else your handset shall not work properly. Applications like titanium backup help to organize this Bloatware.
After “ROM Manager” is installed and you start it you will need to install ClockworkMod Recovery (the first option in ROM Manager). Once the custom recovery is installed, look further down ROM Manager’s menu and you will see an option to backup your current ROM, which is what you want to do. Now there are three ways to restore stock firmware on HTC 10.
- You’ll have to find the one that you like the most in order to get the best experience.
- If they’re in the wrong order, then hold your finger on one and drag it down to the right place.
- No, you can install TWRP on your Android device without the need for a PC by using the official TWRP app or the Termux app.
- The second method uses an app called Titanium Backup; this app comes with user-friendly backup solutions.
- Finally, just swipe the slider at the bottom of the screen to start the backup process, which can take as long as 15 minutes.
Also, there can be multiple variants of the same device based on carrier, region, etc. so keep this in mind too. Locate the appropriate custom ROM build for your exact device variant. If you’re not sure, ask about compatibility in the XDA Forums. As we mentioned earlier, the best way to do this is to head over to the XDA forums for your device and look for a ROM that best suits your needs. Popular custom ROMs like LineageOS also maintain download portals, from which you can directly grab the most up-to-date build without much hassle. There are certain things you need before you can start installing a custom Android ROM on your phone. Let’s go over all of them so your device is ready for the installation process.
Several applications like WhatsApp and Instagram do not allow application data backups. This is a factor controlled on the developer end and you can not bypass it. Currently, there is no way to backup Android SMS by syncing them with Google. So in order to backup SMS, you have to opt for a third-party application to get the job done.